Two PhD positions are available as of November 8, 2016.
- Two fully funded Ph.D. positions are available. We seek candidates with strong knowledge in nonlinear elasticity, finite element simulation, and/or strong experimental background. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a strong interest in one of the Lab research areas: mechanics of composites, active materials (such as electroactive polymers and magnetorheological elastomers), bioinspired materials, 3D printing, acoustic metamaterials, and materials for energy storage. Requirements: the candidate should have (or about to earn) a Master degree in engineering (mechanical, aerospace, material) or closely related field. The evaluation will start immediately (upon receiving the application) and the position will remain open until filled.
- A fully funded Master position is available. Requirements: a Bachelor degree in engineering (mechanical, aerospace, material) or closely related field; professional English (for international applicants).
- One postdoctoral position is available immediately under the Israel Science Foundation supported project (2015-2019) on modeling of soft micro-structured materials. Applicants must hold a PhD degree in the area of Solid Mechanics / Mechanics of Materials. Candidates with solid knowledge in non-linear elasticity and mechanics of soft materials are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply e-mail Dr. Stephan Rudykh (firstname.lastname@example.org) a single pdf containing
1. CV/Resume and contact information of at least 2 references (3 for postdoctoral candidates)
2. Copy of transcripts, in English (and original language)
Technion students can make an appointment or stop by Lady Davis, 752 for informal inquires.
Technion is an equal opportunity employer. Women and underrepresented minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
Last update: November 8, 2016.