Our group research focuses on Mechanics and Physics of Soft Materials.
Our current projects include active materials, instabilities, 3D-printing; bioinspired materials; acoustic metamaterials and wave propagation in soft matter, in general; new actuation mechanisms for soft robotics, failure mechanisms in composite materials. Please read our research page for more details
We are always glad to see people who are interested in our research, and we have new open positions: two PhD positions and one Master position – as of November 8, 2016. Excellent candidates for a postdoctoral position may be considered.
- Pavel Galich has been awarded the prestigious Jacobs Fellowship for Excellence in Research. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Dr. Viacheslav Slesarenko on his paper on failure in bio-inspired composites accepted in Smart Materials and Structures!
- Congratulations to Pavel and Slava for the paper on elastic waves in 3D fiber composites accepted in the International Journal of Solids and Structures!
- Congratulations to Artemii Goshkoderia for successfully passing the PhD candidacy exam!
- Congratulations to Dr. Viacheslav Slesarenko on his paper accepted in the Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids!
- Jian Li has joined our group. Welcome!
- Congratulations to Pavel Galich for his paper accepted
in the Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids!
- Dr. Tarkes Dora, a graduate from IIT-Madras, joined our group. Welcome!
- Pavel Galich has delivered the Merhav Lecture on “Manipulating Wave
Propagation in Soft Metamaterials via External Stimuli”
- Pavel Galich has been awarded the Merhav Prize for excellence in research. Congratulations Pavel!
- Congratulations to Slava Slesarenko and Pavel Galich for receiving the Travel Awards from the International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics!
- Congratulations to Pavel Galich on his paper accepted in the International Journal of Solids and Structures!
- Stephan Rudykh talked about “Fantastic Materials & Where to Find Them”
at the Technion Aerospace Discussion Club
- Dr. Slesarenko presented his new findings on tunable wavy patterns in 3D printed composites at the Society of Engineering Science 52nd Conference at Texas A&M University
- Pavel Galich has received a travel award to attend the Society of Engineering Science 52nd Meeting,Texas A&M University, where Pavel presented his work on new methods for controlling waves in active materials
- Adi Batan joined our group as a Master student
- Artemii Goshkoderia joined our group as Ph.D. student
- Congratulations to Pavel Galich, who has passed successfully his PhD candidacy exam!
- The Technion Touch – our 3D printed sample – is chosen for cover of Technion President’s report 2015
- Pavel Galich presented his work on elastic wave propagation in soft materials at 9th European Solid Mechanics Conference in Madrid
- Congratulations to Pavel Galich on his first paper accepted at Extreme Mechanics Letters
- Daily Mail, the United Kingdom’s second biggest daily newspaper, covers our research on flexible materials
- Technion News published a story about our research on Bioinspired Flexible Armor (read also in Hebrew)
- Our paper on 3D-printed Bio-inspired Flexible Armor accepted in Soft Matter is now on-line
- Dr. Viacheslav Slesarenko joined our group as a postdoctoral fellow.
- Stephan Rudykh gave an invited talk at 5th Executive Forum for Innovation on Jan. 13, 2015, Technion Knowledge Center for Innovation
- Stephan Rudykh talks about our research with Radio Channel 2 (Reshet Bet) “6 with Anat Dolev” on Jan. 4, 2015 (Listen starting 30:00)
- Our research is at the National News – read the article at Haaretz in English
- We are at the National News – read the article at Haaretz in Hebrew
- Stephan Rudykh has been awarded by the prestigious Horev Fellowship – Leaders in Science and Technology, bestowed by Taub Foundation
- Pavel Galich delivered a talk at the Israel Society for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM) Symposium held on Dec. 21, 2014 at Tel Aviv University
- Stephan Rudykh gave an invited talk read more
- Pavel Galich joined our group as a Ph.D. student
- A story about our work at MIT news read more